Apr 26, 2009

Birthday Picnic

Amalia turned 3, unbelievable as it may seem to us and to anyone that knows her.
We organized a little picnic for our friends in an oak forest nearby. Simple and quickly made food (humous, pitas and some salads along with nuts, crackers, strawberries and a chocolate cake) and very few plans - I thought of a treasure hunt for the kids, where the treasure would be a big bag of papers, scissors, paint and glue, but eventually it wasn't necessary. they ran up and down the hills and into the "flour cave" which was a soft limestone wall where they could get really dirty, put on the costumes I brought with us, and finally did get into some origami and paper cut outs, making airplanes and flying them. I love watching a group of children play, when they all get along and just so creatively and freely dive in and out of games. I love it when there are smaller and bigger kids and still they manage to play together. I love how they exist in their world, right next to us yet so far away in their stories.

*they're all somehow taken from the back... I'm so aware of some friends not wanting their children to appear on the internet, that I got used to taking pictures from behind.
Amalia is the one wearing the white princess costume. The monkey is Hilel.

1 comment:

  1. I nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger award.

    I absolutely love what you do and am very grateful that you blog about it.

    The rules, and what I wrote about your blog can be seen on my blog.

    :) Sara

    ReplyDelete