Feb 23, 2009

weekend




I made a rabbit Friday, out of a man's shirt and some fabric leftovers. it helped overcome a deep weekend blues that jumped at me earlier that day and forced me into a strange driving away mood. coming back from my little private trip I stopped at the vegetable shop in Fureidis for some hot peppers, and they were selling freshly cooked, still warm vine leaves stuffed with rice. I bought a box of those as well, and felt so much better. an example of the vain, empty consumption culture that I'm part of :-)
Then I went home and made this fellow. I think I'll make a dress for him, but I can't stop thinking that he's a He.

Saturday we went to the children's Museum in Holon near Tel Aviv, but couldn't go in since we didn't call in advance. Isn't that weird? Anyway we spent the morning in a playground, then went for lunch at a Georgian food restaurant, Nanuchka. They have these pretty amazing lampshades:

And just a nice shot of O and A and some Staropramen.

No comments:

Post a Comment