Feb 14, 2009

spring time

It's only february but it feels like spring already... There aren't many reasons to be happy living in Israel these days. Politically we're going for a disaster, there's no water and there were almost no rains this winter, rent prices aren't dropping enough and the school system is terrifying for parents of a 5 year old. But at least we can enjoy sunny days like today, when every bug is crawling out and every bird is out singing and the air is full of humming and buzzing and the flowers are all blooming in pink and yellow and red and purple...

I made some corn and banana muffins with the kids (so helpful; near nervous breakdown) and we took them for a picnic in the nearby Ramat Hanadiv park.

Hilel was wearing a pair of very warm flannel pants that I finished last night - still there are some adjustments to be made to the pattern - the crotch is too low and there's something wrong with the pockets.



I'm tired... another episode of "the century of self" and off to bed.

peter and the wolf - a beautiful animated version, a bit grim and spooky. the ending is different from the original story, a more humane solution.

2 comments:

  1. Hallo Ibi,
    Just found your blog (followed the picture of the pants on Flickr) and read some posts. The one from 6 January made me cry a bit. I could feel your frustation and sadness. And the header of this recent post made me realise how fortunate I am, living in Holland where we have nothing really serious to worry about.
    I keep following you. Whish you lots of sunny days and creative joy.
    (Don't have a blog (jet) but some pics on Flickr under the name Oddwise).
    Greetings, Ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Ria,
    thanks for commenting (and for being so.. personal). it's nice to have the first comment on my blog come from my second home, where I spent 4.5 years some 15 years ago. I miss Holland. even the winter...

    I just popped into your flickr, I love how you constantly take the effort to make things of other things, I try to think in that direction but I'm often too lazy or try to plan series of items and then immediately I go and buy new fabric. in fact I'm just addicted to buying fabric...also you seem very professional in your sewing, I envy that.

    well thanks again

    groetjes, ibi

    ReplyDelete