Jan 31, 2010

ubugi

...is the title on the PDF file that contains the pattern for this lovely and simple baby outfit. I fond it on the nani-iro website, in the 2009 sewing section ("collection and order" on the top menu. I didn't give the direct link since strolling through their site is such a pleasure). I don't know how to name it myself - pajama maybe? The pattern is very simple and easy to follow, and the size I think is about 3-6 months. I later made a smaller version for 0-3 months.


I bought 5 meters of the softest ivory flannel when we were in London, and I thought it would fit this pattern perfectly. But it seemed just slightly too simple... so I decided to make my own colorful bias tape out of fabric scraps and some new fabrics that fitted in with the color schemes.

I cut small strips diagonally:

sewed them together into long strips:

ironed with this little instrument for bias tape making:

here's another one:



The inspiration for the patchwork bias tape came from this beautiful blog. I hope to have some pictures in about 3 months of a real baby wearing one of those.. :-)


5 comments:

  1. Oh Ibi, nothing beats the clothes for newborns, doesn't it? The softness you want to wrap them in. I love the idea of the biasbind, it gives it so much zest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. מקסים מקסים
    סחטיין על הסבלנות
    נחמד לפגוש אותך פה ברשת
    תמי
    בלי נקודות ופסיקים כי הכל מתהפך ואין לי חשק לכתוב באנגלית

    ReplyDelete
  3. וואוו, איבי, הבלוג היפני באמת מדהים

    ReplyDelete
  4. הי תמי, אני בקושי נכנסת אז רק עכשיו ראיתי שביקרת פה. ברוכה הבאה! כמו שאת רואה אני בקושי מעדכנת... אבל פה ושם בכל זאת.
    עכשיו אני מתיישבת לכתוב קצת למשל.

    ReplyDelete