Jan 6, 2009

New Year

It's a late Happy New Year. It hasn't started so very happy where I live.
My wish for this year is for this war, this stupid stupid war to end as quickly as possible. I hope our leaders would be less self-absorbed and short-sighted. I wish my people would dare to object and to think and see beyond their inherited fears. I hope we could all look into the past every once in a while and learn from the things that had already happened, it despairs me to see how people avoid those so important lessons and prefer to plunge into senseless violent actions in the name of some empty slogan or religion or the fear of the different.

I'm watching an interesting and important series called The Power of Nightmares, and it's so painfully relevant to our life here. 


And for some more personal resolutions. In this coming year I would like to be able to be creative and productive without any inhibitions. I would like to take more time for myself and to return to a more concentrated creative mode, one that I haven't been in since my studying years. and to be more chill.

Amen :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment